Install the SDK and start building your own applications for interacting with the sensorTouch Sensor Module. You can also run the included example program to immediately start communicating with the sensorTouch Sensor Module.
Downloading zForce SDK
Download the SDK from https://support.neonode.com/docs/display/Downloads.
The example program is included in the SDK for two reasons, to allow you to start communicating with the sensor and Touch Sensor Module and to serve as a starting point for creating your own application.
- Enter the directory that was created when extracting the .tar.gz or .zip file.
- Open the file called "Makefile" with a texteditor.
Go to the top of the file, and remove the hash from whichever CPU architecture you are using, and then save and close the file.
If you are using ARMv6+VFPv2 it should look like this:
- In the terminal, navigate to the directory that was created when extracting the .tar.gz or .zip file.
Execute the following command to build the example program:
- Check for errors. If errors occur, make sure that all steps for Preparing the system were performed correctly. If another flavor of Linux than Ubuntu 16.04 is used, the compiler version may be too old. If that is the case, upgrade the compiler.
To run the example program using USB HID:
a. Plug in a USB-HID enabled sensor enabled Touch Sensor Module into a USB port of the computer.
b. Navigate to the root folder of the SDK release.
c. Execute the following command to run the example program:
- If prompted, enter the password.
- To break the program, press Control-C.