Install the SDK and start building your own applications for interacting with the sensor. You can also run the included example program to immediately start communicating with the sensor.
Downloading zForce SDK
Download the SDK from https://support.neonode.com/docs/display/Downloads.
Preparing the system for installing and running SDK programs
- Install Visual Studio 2017 and select the option to build C-programs (not just C++).
- Extract zForceSDK-x.x.x.zip to any folder.
Building and running the example program
The example program is included in the SDK for two reasons, to allow you to start communicating with the sensor and to serve as a starting point for creating your own application.
Build the program
- Open the solution file zForceSDK-Example.sln, do either of the following:
- Open it from Visual Studio 2017.
- Open it from the File Explorer.
- Make sure that the configuration is set to “x64”.
- Select build type: Release or Debug
- Select Build>>Build Solution in the menu.
Result: the directory zForceSDK is created.
Run the program the first time
- From the File Explorer, open the folder zForceSDK\Windows\x86-64.
- Copy zForce.dll.
- Open the folder zForceSDK\x64
- Paste zForce.dll into the subfolder Release or the subfolder Debug (either will be present depending on the selected configuration)
- Select either
- Debug >>Start Debugging, or
- Debug >>Start without Debugging
Repeat steps 1 to 4 whenever you change the build type (Release or Debug).