- 1 x Neonode Touch Sensor Module
- 1 x Interface board with an integrated FPC cable with connector
alternately 1 x Interface board and 1 x FPC cable with connector
USB cable with a Micro USB type B connector
Make sure that the USB cable transmits both power and data and not only power.
- (Optional) tape for mounting
Additional required equipment:
- Lift the flip lock on the interface board.
Insert the FPC cable into the end of the connector, with the connector pads facing down, towards interface board. The yellow piece of PCB of the connector on the other side of the cable is facing upwards. Make sure the direction is straight into the connector and the pads have reached the end of the connector.
Make sure the connector pads of the FPC cable are facing downwards, towards interface board. The sensor module risks damage if the FPC cable is connected in wrong direction.
Press down the flip lock.
2. Connect the FPC cable to the sensor module:
Be careful when connecting the Touch Sensor Module!
Please observe that it is important to be careful when connecting the sensor to an FPC cable such as no excessive force may be applied, no bending of contact is allowed. This may cause the PCB to detach or break.
Since the sensor is an optical device wear gloves when handling the Touch Sensor Module to prevent blurring the light guide plate!
- Place the sensor module so that the module's connector pads are facing downwards (steel surface upwards).
- Insert the sensor module into the connector on FPC cable (yellow piece of PCB of the FPC connector still facing upwards).
- Make sure the direction of the pads is straight into the connector, and the pads have reached the end of the connector.
3. Connect a USB cable with a Micro USB type B connector to the interface board.
4. Make sure no object is within the touch active area of the sensor module before connecting power to the sensor through USB. The sensor calibrates itself when powered on and an object within the touch active area may interfere with the calibration.
If the sensor module is of the 0° type: place the module on a table with the steel surface facing downwards and with the optical surface facing towards you.
If the sensor module is of the 90° type: place the module on a table with the steel surface facing upwards, so the optical surface is facing upwards as well. Make sure no object is within the touch active area above the sensor module.
Alternatively, you can mount the sensor module by using tape in order to fasten the steel surface to the edge of a table, with the optical surface facing towards you.
5. Insert the USB cable into a computer:
6. The green LED on the interface board lights up when connected:
For Further information, please refer to SDK Documentation.